Monday, July 14, 2008

Week end events

I had a great week end and was thinking this morning I need to start writing about my life and so here go's.
I went to the Pride meeting on Friday and then to dinner with friends, I always love to go with Chris Michael and Toddd. We laughed and joked and that is what being sober is all about. I love the healthy meaningful fun conversations with those guys. Everyone is generally concerened and interested in what I am doing and I am the same with them.

Saturday I was able to volunteer at MCC Church. I went to work with the yard and ended up painting with a lady named Cori. What a great experience to be able to get to know other members of the church and help each other for the good of the church.

I know that volunteer work is what keeps me sober and serene. I wish that other could get it like I do and do things for people without wanting to get anything in return. It is such a wonderful feeling and so many blessing are given to me through doing that.

On Sunday I was able to go to Church and that always fills me with the spirit and generally makes me have a good day. After church Chris and I went for a long ride and then came home and he helped me take downa tree that was hanging on some electrical wired going to the house. It was so much fun working together and we really did alot of work chopping and stacking the wood from the tree.

Chris and I have dated before and I really liked spending time with him. I know he likes me and I really like him as well. Not sure what the deal is between us is though, I think I should just snatch him up while he is single and live happiliy ever after but not sure I am ready for that yet. We will see what happens I guess.

Mel and Trent had a little baby boy last week and named him Curtis Vincent Edwards.
WOW what a blessing for our family that little boy will be, we are so excited about his birth.

Will write more soon.
Glade

No comments: